I asked mostly a younger group of people (12-24). From my results I gathered that most people liked the protagonist throught a thriller film, maybe due to their ongoing role, that means they have to survive through out the film. Or could be because they feel they can associate themself with the main character by seeing it from the protagonists point of view.
I found out that people to enjoy Thrillers as a favorite genre also enjoy Horrors, probably because the codes and convetions are similair and both intend to leave the same reaction on their audience's face, a feeling of being on the edge of your sit not knowing what's going to happen next.
I asked the question 'Who's your favorite actor' because I wanted to get an idea of what type of character/ character's qualities did the majority of people like when they film, this would help model out my own characters after one of the many famous actors/actress's that people have written down. In my results i got actors like Johnny Deep, Gwnyeth Paltrow, Vincent Cassell, Natalie Portman, etc...
Everyone stated that they enjoy watching independent films, which could suggest that maybe a good story telling is all a film needs, less CGI all over the place but more of story development. So keeping it a bit simple might improve the outcome of my opening. Also not many people wrote that they were influenced by films, which isn't really a goal I set with the opening I am creating I want people to enjoy it.
I am pleased with the results I got and they will help shape my opening in line for a wider audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment